Computer tutorial, autos and lifestyle

Breaking

Sunday, January 8, 2012

repair a motherboard (my experience)

sorry, this picture taken by me with a hand phone camera
Today I once again get a chance servicing computer is a neighbor's house and he said that the computer that he used to have problems, which often have to hang and not respond at all. Then I arrived fortunately tried to fix it, I turn on the computer and the computer turned out to be alive, although very slow at all like a Pentium II computer when the computer using Intel Celeron 2GHz processor, did I see that the L2 cache on the processor is fairly small so that is 128 kb but to measure computer performance over the Intel Pentium III was so severe and very slow, I think it may be because the processor L2 cache is too small so I feel informed. But when suddenly hangs and the CPU is not responding I started to become somewhat curious, why this happens. So I try to replace a computer processor with a somewhat higher at 1.8 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 L2 cache and happen to have a somewhat larger, which is 512kb. When completed the process of replacing the processor I am trying to restart the computer and it will light up and a while is normal, but the problem occurs again hangs. Oops ....

I think maybe this happens because the old power supply, so I try to replace the power supply with a new one. But it is futile, because it does not make any changes. Means the mainboard this computer might be having problems, then I checked one by one on the mainboard hardware device, but does not seem a strange thing (fire, physical damage) but after I go back and check and I try to remove some of the capacitors are located at the regulators processor mainboard, there were irregularities in the measuring capacitor 2200uF 6.3 V it is seen from the skin covering the capacitor whose shape is somewhat different, as exposed to excessive heat (swollen) and my guess was correct if the capacitor is damaged after I check with multimeter. I replace the capacitor with 3300uf 6.3 v and the size of the mainboard, processor, ram and hard drive I plug it back and then I turn on the computer. 
 
After reinstallation of the operating system and component replacement capacitors do not appear before it hangs and does not happen again, so a capacitor is damaged fruit is enough to make a regulator on the mainboard of a computer processor to not work normally even though there are capacitors of the same size and mounted parallel with the capacitor is damaged. So do not judge a book from the cover ^ _ ^ 
 
i hope my experience is helping you 
regards JIMMY 

No comments:

Tags